This interactive one-day course teaches participants how to deal with all aspects of Crisis Communication during an emergency or large-scale event. We will train your staff to be comfortable dealing with local, national, on-line and social media to get your message heard. We can train your staff to communicate with the community and the media in an effective way that is planned and proactive, not reactive. Techniques include interactive scrum and interview sessions with follow-up critique.
This course includes the following topics:
- Dealing with Traditional Media Outlets
- News Conferences – how to plan an effective news conference
- Media Releases – how to prepare appropriate media releases
- Social Media – the “good”; the “bad”; and the “ugly”. Real examples demonstrate how social media can both help and hinder operations
- Interviewing – live on camera practical exercises
- Interactive Media Scenarios – how effective Crisis Communication can make or break the public’s perception during an emergency
- Media Relations – how to handle media during the “what if…?” questions
Delivered by Loomex Training & Consulting.
Tuition: $275 plus HST
Date: Thursday November 23, 2017